I wrote this back in 2008, but it seems appropriate to finally share for this prompt.
Princess Rules 101
- Speak when spoken to; unless of course your aren’t supposed to interact with this member of your kingdom. In that case be pleasantly inaudibly persistent in refusing conversation.
- Say what you mean and mean what you say. It helps to know all the languages of your kingdom, and neighboring kingdoms, and all the cultures and body language.
- Think before you speak, as goes with number 2.
- Present Perfect Poise, Posture and be positive.
- Cook and have a specialty meal your Prince will soon love.
- Knowledge is Power and you must be a scholar to be respected as the upcoming queen of your kingdom.
- Although the situation rarely occurs, be prepared to live simply outside your palace walls, aka know how to live simply in your own kingdom.
- Be cautious yet polite to strangers.
- Know magic, fighting, gardening and especially history.
- Remember everything happens for a reason, and trust your instincts.