Well I have been created a few things yesterday and I did not share them on wordpress. Shame! So I need to tell you what I have been up to.
I had a whole bunch of limes yesterday, so I squeezed the heck outta them and made a ½ cup plus a few teaspoons of pure lime juice. I reserved the ½ cup for some lime candies and put the rest in a cheesecake mix.
Here is a picture of the lime massacre.
I made cheesecake yesterday with 2-3 teaspoons of lime juice, a tablespoon of sour cream, a whole package of lactose free cream cheese (all I get free from food bank) and then added in 3 egg yolks and 3 whipped egg whites were mixed in last. I think I should have only used 2 eggs, like I did the time before that I made cheesecake here.
Here is the link to the last time that I made steamed cheesecake.
This time, my cheesecake souffled up in an hour, then deflated on me, because I used too many eggs. But it still baked beautifully and it was really good, just a little over fluffy from 1 egg too much.
Here are some pictures of the cheesecake that I made yesterday.
I decided to use my homemade graham crackers that have gone stale, for a quick crumble on top, and I used pulsed cheerios with butter for the crust. Lol
I also made some homemade candy for Halloween. Although, I should have not used all the Lime juice that I had left, I did. And made a very very tart sour candy but sweet also. Almost burnt the sugar because my laser thermometer does not read the bottom of the pan of sugar, it reads the top. So my “wanted to be lime green” hard candy is not lime green, it is orange with green flecks in it. Very tart and very good. I am not a confectioner and I WILL NOT make pulled candy again. I am over it after sitting their with hot sugar and trying to make 4 spiders, after 4 spiders, I gave up. I will not be trying to make pulled sugar art in a while. It was more craft work then expected and with hot sugar no less, at least I had some silicon supplies and I WAS able to keep it hot for a while to pull and mold.
I have two pictures here of my process and I am sorry I wish that I had taken more. I have one of the spiders that I made (after someone ate a leg off) and one picture of pulling the sugar on my silpat with a crazy pastry tool I found in my kitchen drawer that worked surprisingly good for this experiment in pulled sugar.
Here are my pulled sugar pictures from making lime candy from scratch yesterday.
We also had Schwans Ravioli for dinner with my homemade jarred pasta sauce that I made the other day with heirloom tomatoes from the food bank. I also made 3 giant meatballs and served that with the meal.
Here is a picture of dinner.