Slow cooker- Crock Pot favorites to try
My family loves slow cooked food. When I start prepping a meal and its in the crock pot cooking by 11 am, then you know its going to be a great dinner. Here are a few of my favorites to share..
- Pulled Pork– Pork shoulder and a bottle of bbq sauce+ 6 hrs of cooking on high.. after the pork is cooked you shred it up and its the ultimate. Recipe link here : http://chindeep.com/2012/07/06/slow-cooker-barbecue-pulled-pork/
- Vegetarian Chili- canned organic beans, tomatoes and fantastic foods dry chili mix and 1 cup tvp ( textured vegetable protein) I have made this many times and my family loves it. http://www.fantasticfoods.com/cooking.aspx
- 32 Bean Soup– Fantastic foods makes a dry 32 bean soup mix and its really good seasoned with garlic and herbs and adding diced vegetables into it. Butternut squash works well with it and so does adding some more dry lentils..
- Heirloom tomato: crock pot tomato paste link here: http://www.theslowroasteditalian.com/2012/09/homemade-crock-pot-tomato-paste.html
- Heirloom tomato soup is great with turmeric.
- Applesauce-diced apples, cinnamon stick (optional) 12 hrs on high. link here: http://chindeep.com/2011/10/26/everything-nice-applesauce/
- BBQ Ribs: Same as pulled pork, when cooked place ribs on small pan and season on all sides to perfection. heres a recipe just to be nice http://www.yourhomebasedmom.com/easy-crock-pot-bbq-ribs/
- Pulled chicken: sliced onions and apples and apple cider,
- Black bean soup: diced onions, bay leaves and garlic and dry beans cook all day on high,.. recipe here: http://mywholefoodlife.com/2014/01/08/slow-cooker-black-bean-soup/
- Veggie soup/stock– veggie ends (carrot ends, celery leaves.) boil and season like soup, save in freezer or mason jar in fridge for veggie stock (vegetarian chicken broth.) recipe links here : http://ohmyveggies.com/how-to-make-vegetable-broth-with-kitchen-scraps/ http://www.thekitchn.com/how-to-make-vegetable-stock-cooking-lessons-from-the-kitchn-136725
- Beef Stew-mini potatoes,tomato sauce, carrots, onions, stew beef, celery, paprika, salt pepper and corn starch.. video here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pMxgSFR6wlI